Share This Story!
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
South Shore police report: Aug. 18, 2016
- A $150 GPS system was taken from an unlocked car outside the Cudahy Family Library, 3500 E. Library Drive, between 5:15 and 5:45 p.m. Aug. 1.
- An unidentified person tried to break into a car in the 3700 block of East Plankinton Avenue overnight Aug. 3-4, by damaging a door lock and scratching paint. Cost of repair was estimated at $993.
- A 25-year-old Cudahy man was cited for battery and disorderly conduct at 8:18 p.m. Aug. 6 after he punched and took a baseball cap from a 36-year-old Cudahy man in the 2700 block of East Adams Court. According to police reports, the victim said he was drinking alcohol all day with nearby residents when he was attacked sudenly. The alleged assailant took a breath test, which indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.24.
- A 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop in the 4900 block of South Packard Avenue at 1:48 a.m. July 27. The driver, a 22-year-old Franklin man, was cited for driving with expired registration.
- A window on a car was broken in the 3500 block of East Cudahy Avenue at 3:57 a.m. Aug. 6.
- A stained glass block window was broken at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 3775 E. Cudahy Ave., overnight Aug. 7-8. Damage was estimated at $100.
- Police are investigating the deposit and subsequent cashing of 36 fraudulent checks, for a total of $7,200, through Prime Financial Credit Union, 5656 S. Packard Ave., between July 11 and 14.
- A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for disorderly conduct at 10:09 p.m. Aug. 8 after he created a disturbance at St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive.
- A 39-year-old resident was cited for disorderly conduct in the 3600 block of East Layton Avenue at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 11 after cursing a neighbor.
- A 16-year-old Irma boy who admitted driving a stolen vehicle from Milwaukee to the 3400 block of East Tesch Avenue was cited for driving without a license, resisting an officer and two counts of obstructing an officer at 5:11 p.m. July 28. He was turned over to Milwaukee police for questioning regarding a drive-by shooting in which he was suspected of being the driver. A 16-year-old Milwaukee male, who was a passenger in the stolen vehicle, was cited for unauthorized possession of a prescription drug and turned over to Milwaukee police for questioning regarding a burglary.
- A gaming system and games with total value of $1,240 were taken from a home in the 3800 block of Brooklawn Circle between July 31 and Aug. 5.
- A motor scooter valued at $2,000 was taken from the 700 block of Madison Avenue between 7 and 11 a.m. July 30. It was recovered in Milwaukee on Aug. 8.
- An unidentified male took a $499 laptop computer from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 1:11 a.m. Aug. 6.
- A 16-year-old Milwaukee male was arrested for operating while intoxicated (drugs) in the 500 block of Park Avenue at 2:53 a.m. Aug. 4. He was found in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., after four passengers in his van left the park. They were a 16-year-old Cudahy male and three Milwaukee females, ages 14, 16 and 17.
- Windows were broken in two vehicles along Minnesota Avenue overnight Aug. 6-7. Damage was $250 to a vehicle in the 1500 block, and $400 to a vehicle in the 1600 block.
- A window on a car was broken in the 300 block of Southtowne Drive overnight Aug. 6-7. Damage was estimated at $300.
- The rear window of a Waukesha woman's car was broken between 6:15 and 10:30 a.m. Aug. 9, while she worked at Willowcrest care center, 3821 S. Chicago Ave.
- A 55-year-old South Milwaukee woman faces charges of disorderly conduct while armed and endangering safety after she allegedly threatened her husband with a gun and threw it at him in the 700 block of Edgewood Avenue at 8:49 p.m. July 31. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.11.
- A 21-year-old Cudahy woman faces charges of recklessly endangering safety after she allegedly stabbed her 37-year-old ex-boyfriend in the 800 block of Marquette Avenue at 12:44 p.m. Aug. 7.
- A 16-year-old Milwaukee male was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle and another 16-year-old Milwaukee male was cited for underage alcohol possession after they were found entering a stolen Jeep in Grant Park, 100 Hawthorne Ave., at about 5 p.m. Aug. 9. The Jeep had been reported stolen in Milwaukee earlier that day.
Read or Share this story: http://www.mysouthshorenow.com/story/news/crime/2016/08/15/south-shore-police-report-aug-18-2016/88762786/