Share This Story!
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
South Shore police report: Burglary and window vandalism spree
- An unidentified male took a donation jar containing about $100 worth of coins at Speedway, 4944 S. Packard Ave., at 3:35 a.m. Sept. 14.
- A $180 necklace, a $40 purse and about $20 in cash were taken from a car in the 6100 block of South Delaware Avenue overnight Sept. 22-23.
- Possible battery charges are pending against a 41-year-old Cudahy man who allegedly stabbed a 35-year-old Cudahy man in the 3500 block of East Plankinton Avenue just before 4 p.m. Sept. 25. The victim was treated and released.
- A 23-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for marijuana possession at 1:30 a.m. Sept. 21 after a traffic stop in the 2300 block of East Layton Avenue. The driver, a 31-year-old Milwaukee man, was turned over to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office on two warrants.
- A 31-year-old Cudahy man was charged with possession of a controlled substance after police found he had 16 packs of Suboxone without a prescription in the 4900 block of South Packard Avenue at about 10:30 p.m. Sept. 23.
- A 46-year-old Milwaukee man faces state charges of operating while intoxicated in the 3800 block of East Squire Avenue at 6:23 p.m. Sept. 11. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.12. He has one previous OWI conviction.
- A 50-year-old Cudahy man was charged with criminal damage to property after he allegedly tried to break into an apartment in the 3500 block of East Van Norman Avenue at 5:35 a.m. Sept. 18, causing $100 damage.
- A 19-year-old Cudahy man was cited for disorderly conduct and underage alcohol consumption after he cursed police in the 3500 block of East Library Drive at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 25.
- A 49-year-old Cudahy man was cited for obstructing police and disorderly conduct at 6:08 p.m. Sept. 25 after he cursed officers and refused to heed a crime scene perimeter in the 3500 block of East Plankinton Avenue.
- A 35-year-old Oak Creek man was cited for attempted theft at 1:36 a.m. Sept. 22 after he was found outside Polmax Powersport, 1310 E. Waterford Ave., trying to steal tires.
- A 27-year-old St. Francis man was cited for retail theft at 5:09 p.m. Sept. 26 after he admitted taking cigarettes from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., on at least four occasions while working there as a stocker. He allegedly took $252.66 worth of cigarettes and an unspecified quantity of candy and soda.
- About $2,500 worth of tools were taken from a garage in the 1700 block of Marion Avenue between Sept. 14 and 17. Access was gained through an unlocked side door.
- A $300 air compressor was taken from an unlocked garage in the 2700 block of South Chicago Avenue between 4 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 23.
- About $100 in change was taken from a home in the 1400 block of Willow Lane between 6:30 a.m. and 1:50 p.m. Sept. 25.
- About $2,825 worth of tools were taken from an unlocked garage in the 1900 block of 17th Avenue between Sept. 24 and 26.
- An unidentified woman apparently snatched purses from two elderly South Milwaukee women on consecutive days at Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave. In both cases the purses were recovered with only cash missing. About $7 was taken at 12:54 p.m. Sept. 16, about $8 was taken at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 17.
- A 32-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for retail theft after she took $13.89 worth of food items from Pick 'n Save, 2931 S. Chicago Ave., at 1:02 p.m. Sept. 23.
- A 19-year-old Oak Creek woman was cited for theft and underage alcohol possession at 6:50 p.m. Sept. 24 after she took a bottle of wine and other miscellaneous items from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave.
- A 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for theft at 9:32 a.m. Sept. 25 after she took two speakers with combined value of $188.87 from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave.
- A 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop in the 1900 block of 17th Avenue at 12:41 p.m. Sept. 25.
- A pickup truck in the 1700 block of Maple Street was egged overnight Sept. 23-24, causing $1,400 in damage.
- A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was charged with criminal trespass and criminal damage to property after he allegedly kicked in the door to his ex-girlfriend's apartment in the 500 block of Southtowne Drive at about 10:30 p.m. Sept. 27. Damage was estimated at $400.
- A rear window on a car in the 1000 block of Sycamore Avenue was broken overnight Sept. 27-28. Damage was estimated at $250.
- Two 15-year-old South Milwaukee girls were cited for criminal damage to property for throwing rocks from the Union Pacific Railroad bridge over Oak Creek Parkway at 2:18 p.m. Sept. 28, hitting the sunroof and windshield on a South Milwaukee man's car. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
- Windows were shot or broken on at least 13 vehicles in the western half of the city overnight Sept. 28-29. Two each were in the Southtowne area, and on Williams Avenue, 17th Avenue and Park Avenue. Locations of other damaged vehicles included Marquette Avenue, 13th Avenue, Marshall Avenue and Elm Avenue.
- A 16-year-old student at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave., was cited for trespassing and possession of tobacco after she was seen at the school's homecoming dance at 9:50 p.m. Sept. 24, after she had been suspended from school.
- Police responded to eight domestic violence incidents between Sept. 23 and 29.
Read or Share this story: http://www.mysouthshorenow.com/story/news/crime/2016/10/03/south-shore-police-report-burglary-and-window-vandalism-spree/91470548/