Share This Story!
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
South Shore police report: Man arrested for taking $2,000 worth of scrap metal from Cudahy employer
- A home in the 6100 block of South Elaine Avenue was forcibly entered through its back door between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Sept. 29. Nothing was taken. Damage was estimated at $100.
- Tailgates valued at $2,000 apiece were stolen from two pickup trucks at Ewald's Venus Ford, 2727 E. Layton Ave., overnight Sept. 22-23.
- Police are still investigating a trailer theft in the 4600 block of South Kinnickinnic Avenue at 5:50 p.m. Sept. 24. The locked trailer, valued at $700, which contained two snowmobiles, valued at $800 apiece, was taken.
- A $600 loaded pistol, a $50 holster and $40 worth of ammunition were taken from an unlocked SUV in the 3800 block of East Allerton Avenue overnight Sept. 29-30.
- A 40-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for theft at 11:13 a.m. Oct. 4 for allegedly taking $843 worth of aluminum and $197 worth of scrap steel from his employer, Wetzel Bros., 2401 E. Edgerton Ave. He reportedly admitted taking the metal to a recycling firm and keeping the money he received.
- Two Milwaukee men, ages 21 and 26, were cited for retail theft for taking a $27.99 bottle of rum from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 1:29 p.m. Oct. 5.
- Two girls, ages 14 and 16, were cited for disorderly conduct at Cudahy High School, 4950 S. Lake Drive, at 1:43 p.m. Sept. 26 after they fought in a hallway.
- A 32-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for drug paraphernalia possession after she and a 34-year-old South Milwaukee man were found sleeping in a car in the 5500 block of South Disch Avenue at 4:48 a.m. Sept. 23.
- A 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia in the 6000 block of South Buckhorn Avenue at 6:20 a.m. Oct. 1.
- Three vehicles about a block apart were scratched overnight Oct. 2-3. Two cars in the 5900 block of South Robert Avenue sustained $300 combined damage, and an SUV in the 3200 block of East Ramsey Avenue sustained $500 damage.
- A 49-year-old Cudahy man was cited for disorderly conduct after he created a disturbance at 2:37 p.m. Sept. 28 at Speedway, 4944 S. Packard Ave., where he cursed employees and used racial slurs.
- A car in the 3400 block of East Cudahy Avenue was towed at 7:50 a.m. Sept. 30 after the owner, a 44-year-old Cudahy woman, ignored notice of $770 in unpaid parking fines.
- A 46-year-old Greenfield man was cited for loitering in the 2600 block of East Dale Avenue at 12:57 p.m. Oct. 3. According to police reports he had responded to an online advertisement by a 24-year-old Cudahy woman, who already faces prostitution charges from September.
- A 13-year-old boy at Cudahy Middle School, 5530 S. Barland Ave., was cited for disorderly conduct at 12:30 p.m. Oct. 5 after he made several sexual comments to female students.
- Two unidentified males stole four bottles of tequila, valued at $21.11 apiece, from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., at 8:07 p.m. Sept. 29.
- An unidentified male took three bottles of liquor with combined value of $52.47 from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., at 6:40 p.m. Oct. 2.
- A 38-year-old St. Francis man was cited for possession of marijuana in the 3600 block of South Rutland Avenue at 2:29 a.m. Sept. 30.
- Two 15-year-old South Milwaukee girls were cited for retail theft for taking $101 worth of miscellaneous clothing, jewelry and beauty products from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 4:42 p.m. Sept. 30.
- A catalytic converter valued at $500 was taken off a car in the 200 block of Southtowne Place overnight Sept. 30-Oct. 1.
- A 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited Oct. 1 for allegedly taking a $100 gift card from her mother in the 300 block of Southtowne Place.
- A 43-year-old South Milwaukee woman faces charges of disorderly conduct while armed after she allegedly threw a plate at her 23-year-old daughter and threatened her with a knife in the 3300 block of Marina Road at 6:04 p.m. Oct. 3.
- A 21-year-old Milwaukee resident was cited for battery at 10:16 p.m. Oct. 3 after she allegedly punched and scratched her 26-year-old boyfriend in the 1300 block of Manitoba Avenue.
- The driver's side window on a pickup truck in the 300 block of Southtowne Drive was smashed overnight Oct. 29-30. Damage was estimated at $200.
- An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with criminal damage to property after he allegedly ransacked his live-in girlfriend's apartment in the 700 block of Montana Avenue at 9:46 p.m. Sept. 30.
- A car was damaged by a shot from a BB gun in the 2700 block of 17th Avenue overnight Sept. 30-Oct. 1. Damage was estimated at $500.
- A Milwaukee County Transit System bus struck a fire hydrant at 7:16 a.m. Oct. 2 while turning from Pine Street onto North Chicago Avenue.
- A 13-year-old South Milwaukee girl was cited for disorderly conduct at about 9 p.m. Sept. 30 after she allegedly pulled the hair of an 11-year-old boy, beginning a scuffle during a football game, at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave.
- Police responded to five domestic violence incidents between Sept. 30 and Oct. 6.
Read or Share this story: http://www.mysouthshorenow.com/story/news/crime/2016/10/10/south-shore-police-report-man-arrested-taking-2000-worth-scrap-metal-cudahy-employer/91617582/