Share This Story!
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
South Shore police report: 13- and 15-year-old brothers suspected in $1,428 jewelry theft
- A 26-year-old Milwaukee man faces a charge of attempted armed robbery after he brandished a BB gun at a clerk at Sunrise Citgo, 4570 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., at 7:01 a.m. Nov. 3. He fled on foot after the clerk refused to give him money and was captured minutes later by St. Francis police.
- About $300 worth of miscellaneous belongings were taken from a car in the 3400 block of East Van Norman Avenue between 12:30 and 9 a.m. Oct. 29.
- A Cudahy man's SUV was taken from the municipal parking lot in the 4700 block of South Packard Avenue between 6 a.m. and 8:45 p.m. Oct. 31. It was recovered in Caledonia on Nov. 5.
- A 23-year-old Cudahy man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and driving after license suspension in the 5500 block of South O'Brien Avenue at 6:54 p.m. Nov. 3.
- A 42-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for drug paraphernalia possession at 2:40 a.m. Nov. 5 after a traffic stop in the 5600 block of South Packard Avenue.
- A 42-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for operating while intoxicated in the 2600 block of East Holmes Avenue at 8 p.m. Oct. 27. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.19. He has one previous OWI conviction.
- Two windows on a car were damaged in the 6000 block of South Ace Industrial Drive between Nov. 6 and 8. Damage was estimated at $400.
- A 46-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for disorderly conduct at 11:25 a.m. Oct. 27 after she was found passed out in the stairwell of an apartment building in the 4500 block of South Nicholson Avenue.
- A 37-year-old South Milwaukee woman has been cited for retail theft for taking liquor from Pick ’n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., on three occasions. According to police reports, she took $151.44 worth at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 25, $162.33 worth at 7:13 p.m. Oct. 26, and $124.95 worth at 4:52 p.m. Oct. 31.
- A $500 mountain bike was taken from a yard in the 1800 block of East St. Francis Avenue overnight Nov. 4-5.
- About $20 in cash was taken from a car in the 1900 block of East Van Beck Avenue overnight Nov. 8-9.
- A 27-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated in the 3700 block of South Packard Avenue at 1:36 a.m. Nov. 4. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.19. She was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for retail theft for allegedly taking two electronic devices with combined value of $228 from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 12:53 p.m. Oct. 29.
- Two South Milwaukee brothers, ages 13 and 15, were referred to juvenile authorities after an incident in the 1200 block of Memorial Drive at 12:35 a.m. Nov. 4. According to police reports, $1,428 worth of jewelry was missing from an apartment which the brothers had visited earlier. The jewelry was found at the brothers' home, and the 15-year-old was cited for underage tobacco possession.
- A 40-year-old Milwaukee man faces retail theft charges after allegedly taking three steaks with total value of $49.51 from Pick ’n Save, 2931 S. Chicago Ave., at 2:31 p.m. Nov. 4.
- An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with battery after he allegedly kicked and punched a 41-year-old Milwaukee man in the 2300 block of 10th Avenue at 3:57 p.m. Nov. 7.
- A 34-year-old woman was charged with domestic violence battery after she allegedly punched her 34-year-old girlfriend in the 1400 block of Michigan Avenue at 12:57 p.m. Nov. 9. According to police reports, the victim had told her attacker to move out because she was a heroin user.
- A 41-year-old South Milwaukee man may face state charges of operating while intoxicated after he was found passed out behind the wheel in the 3100 block of South Chicago Avenue at 2:50 a.m. Oct. 29. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.16. He was also cited for marijuana possession.
- A 13-year-old male student at South Milwaukee Middle School, 1001 15th Ave., was cited for criminal damage to property after an incident at 10:55 a.m. Oct. 27, when he knocked glasses off the face of another male student, causing them to break.
- A 57-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for obstructing police at 12:48 a.m. Nov. 1 after he admitted making a false statement to authorities that he had been beaten Oct. 31 and his apartment in the 600 block of Milwaukee Avenue had been robbed.
- A 29-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for disorderly conduct at 11:25 p.m. Nov. 5 after a fight at Buck and Cheryl's Tavern, 1435 Rawson Ave. According to police reports, the owner said he was closing after police broke up the fight, but the man refused to leave.
- Police responded to eight domestic violence incidents between Nov. 4 and 10.
Read or Share this story: http://www.mysouthshorenow.com/story/news/crime/2016/11/14/south-shore-police-report-13--and-15-year-old-brothers-suspected-1428-jewelry-theft/93557410/