Share This Story!
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
South Shore police report: Hundreds of dollars in meat taken from restaurant during burglary
- About $700 worth of meat, a television set and $185 in cash were taken from Layton Gyros, 3534 E. Layton Ave., between 5 and 10:15 p.m. Dec. 12. A door was pried open.
- A briefcase valued at $100 was taken from an unlocked minivan in the 5700 block of South Rosewood Avenue overnight Dec. 22-23.
- A car was stolen from the 5200 block of South Nicholson Avenue between 5 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 27. It was found later that evening at Mitchell Park in Milwaukee, but had been destroyed by fire.
- Two Milwaukee brothers, ages 24 and 26, were cited for marijuana possession after a traffic stop in the 2400 block of East Grange Avenue at 12:54 a.m. Dec. 30. The older brother was also cited for driving after revocation.
- A 19-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for marijuana possession after a traffic stop in the 3200 block of East Layton Avenue at 10:46 p.m. Dec. 30.
- A 68-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for operating while intoxicated in the 5000 block of South Packard Avenue at 2:37 a.m. Dec. 31. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.24.
- A 32-year-old Oak Creek man was charged with operating while intoxicated and driving after revocation in the 4900 block of South Packard Avenue at 8:45 p.m. Dec. 31. He has two previous OWI convictions.
- A 37-year-old West Milwaukee man was arrested for operating while intoxicated in the 5500 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue at 4:27 a.m. Jan. 1. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.15. He has one previous OWI conviction.
- A 41-year-old St. Francis man was cited for disorderly conduct at 12:27 p.m. Dec. 26 after he was found passed out in the 4600 block of South Packard Avenue.
- A 30-year-old St. Francis man was cited for theft for allegedly taking a $500 computer from an apartment in the 3900 block of South Packard Avenue just after midnight Dec. 23.
- A 48-year-old St. Francis man was cited for disorderly conduct at 1:53 a.m. Jan. 1 after he cursed officers in the 2500 block of East Van Norman Avenue. Police were responding to a report of a fight between the man and his son.
- A $100 bicycle was taken prior to Dec. 28 from an unlocked shed in the 1800 block of Manitowoc Avenue.
- A 37-year-old South Milwaukee man was booked for retail theft at 3:36 p.m. Dec. 24 after he took a bottle of vodka and a kitchen knife from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave.
- A 17-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for shoplifting at 5:41 p.m. Dec. 28 after she took $65.34 worth of merchandise from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave.
- A concrete saw valued at $1,100 was taken from a pickup truck in the 1300 block of Sherman Avenue overnight Dec. 29-30.
- A 27-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with strangulation and criminal damage to property after allegedly choking his 25-year-old girlfriend and smashing her television set and glass table in the 3400 block of South Chicago Avenue just after 4 a.m. Dec. 31. He was captured at 11:43 p.m. Dec. 31 inside Buck and Cheryl's bar, 1435 Rawson Ave., after a bartender called police and said the man claimed he had a gun.
- A gate at the beach at Grant Park, 100 E. Hawthorne Ave., was damaged after a lock was broken overnight Dec. 30-31. Cost of repair was estimated at $300.
- An SUV in the 1000 block of Madison Avenue was found thoroughly vandalized Jan. 2. Cost of repairs was estimated at $15,000.
- A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for disorderly conduct and reckless driving after an incident in the 200 block of St. Sylvester Drive at 2:57 p.m. Jan. 1. According to police reports, the man drove onto a lawn and struck a 24-year-old Milwaukee man, who is now involved with the older man's ex-girlfriend.
- Police responded to three domestic violence incidents between Dec. 29 and Jan. 5.
Read or Share this story: http://www.mysouthshorenow.com/story/news/crime/2017/01/09/south-shore-police-report-hundreds-dollars-meat-taken-restaurant-during-burglary/96353856/