Parks in Milwaukee County host various events
Dashing for candy-filled eggs will be the highlight of several park venues in early April, including two in the South Shore area.
Hunts or related Easter-themed events will take place on Saturday, April 8, at Humboldt Park in Bay View in Pulaski Park in Cudahy over the next week.
Area programs kicked off with Easter Egg-Citement, on Saturday, April 1, at the Kosciuszko Community Center, 2201 S. Seventh St. In addition to the outdoor egg hunt, families were invited to enjoy games, arts and crafts, and lunch. A keepsake photo with the Easter Bunny (one per family) was also included in the price of admission.
Additional egg hunts and events will be presented by various park friends groups. Some groups have membership or special-event fees associated with the program. (Contact the groups listed for information.)
The following Easter egg hunts are planned for April 8:
- Cooper Park Neighborhood Association (cooperparkmilwaukee.com) in Cooper Park at 10 a.m.;
- Rainbow Gardens Neighborhood Association (on Facebook) in Rainbow Park at 10 a.m.;
- Tosa East Towne Neighborhood Association (tosaeasttowne.org) in Center Street Park at 10 a.m.;
- Friends of Humboldt Park (humboldtparkmilwaukee.org) in Humboldt Park, Bay View, at 11 a.m.;
- Friends of Wedgewood Park (friendsofwedgewoodpark.org) in Wedgewood Park at 11 a.m., with a chili potluck and desserts following the egg hunt;
- Washington Heights Neighborhood Association (whna.net) in Washington Park at 11:45 a.m., with pre-registration required April 2 or 4 (see website for details).
Other than egg hunts, groups have Easter events with highlights of a different variety.
The Friends of Pulaski-Cudahy Park will have the Easter Bunny available for pictures from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 8. The event also includes a bake sale, concessions, and a raffle.
Friends of LaFollette Park (friendsoflafollettepark.com) will start their day with a fundraising pancake breakfast from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 15, followed by the egg hunt at 11 a.m.
Also holding egg hunts April 15 will be Jackson Park Community Association (on Facebook) in Jackson Park at 10 a.m., and Mayfair Rotary Club of Wauwatosa (mayfairrotary.org) in Wisconsin Avenue Park at 10:30 a.m.
On Easter Sunday, April 16, Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens (boernerbotanicalgardens.org) will have a visit from the Easter Bunny from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., with morning craft activities for kids, and the egg hunt at noon.
Additional events will be listed on the Parks calendar when information becomes available. For details, visit countyparks.com and search “calendar.”