SOUTH MILWAUKEE - For those looking for some more festival fun, the evening has gotten a little bit longer this year.
Now in its 14th year, the Evening on the Avenue block party on Thursday, July 27, is back to an extension to the Heritage Days festivities, and in fact is itself stretching out.
It expanding to the 800 block of Milwaukee Avenue. This year, three blocks of Milwaukee Avenue will be closed for the city's largest street festival.
Hosted by the South Milwaukee Community & Business Association, the block party has an ongoing goal: to showcase South Milwaukee’s businesses and historic downtown while helping participants have fun at the same time, according to its organizers.
Hours of the block party are 4 to 10 p.m. and will feature the farmers market, four stages, a private collection of classic cars presented by Revolution Hair Studio, a classic motorcycle showcase presented by The Shop, the Cousin’s Subs KidsZone and more.
Activities are as follows:
Classic Cargo: Molthen Bell Stage (West)
- 4-4:30 p.m.: SM Youth Theatre Shrek Demo
- 4:30-6:30 p.m.: Dead Man’s Carnival
- 6:30-7 p.m.: SaraFlow (performance flow artist)
- 7-10 p.m.: Reverend Raven & the Chain Smokin’ Altar Boys ft. Westside Andy
- 9:30-10 p.m.: Sara Flow (performance flow artist)
Revolution Stage (Center west)
- 4-10 p.m.: Swing Boogie Stomp DJ: Featuring Nailhead Joe & DJ Fish
Spirit’s Stage (Center east)
- 4-4:30 p.m.: K-9 demo
- 4:30-5:30 p.m.: The Incident
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Sorce Martial Arts Demo
- 6-10 p.m.: Xeno & Joe Trio
Azteca – Avenue Stage (East)
- 4:30-5:30 p.m.: Annalise Curtin
- 5:30-6:30 p.m.: DxDC
- 6:30-7 p.m.: Azteca Dancers
- 7-7:30 p.m.: Aaron 3000
- 7:30-8 p.m.: Azteca Dancers
- 8-9 p.m.: DxDC
For more information about joining the South Milwaukee Community & Business Association or Evening on the Avenue, go online to www.VisitSM.org or www.facebook.com/eveningontheavenue.